Renewed or canceled? Latest on Modesto native Jeremy Renner’s TV show as he recovers
Jeremy Renner’s streaming show “Mayor of Kingstown” will return for a third season.
The Modesto native and Academy Award-nominated actor is the star of the Paramount+ show.
“The series, which wrapped its second season in March, has now officially been renewed for a third season on the Paramount Global-backed platform,” according to The Hollywood Reporter in an online story earlier this month. “Sources say the series had been quietly picked up months ago but the streamer delayed a formal announcement for the crime drama’s return while Renner recovered from his injuries.”
The Beyer High graduate suffered serious injuries in a Jan. 1 snowplow accident.
A return date for season three has not been set, given Renner’s recovery, along with ongoing labor disputes involving writers and actors, the story said.
“Renner stars as Mike McLusky in the drama that explores the family who keeps the peace in a town filled with street gangs, prisoners, guards and cops,” the story says. Paramount+ reports that “Kingstown” is its third-best-performing original drama.
This story was originally published September 14, 2023 at 7:00 AM.