The filing period for local offices on the Nov. 8 election ballot closed Friday, unless the incumbents are not seeking an additional term.
The nomination period extends until Wednesday for the Area 6 seat on the Yosemite Community College District board, the Area 3 slot on the Hughson Unified School District board and other races in Stanislaus County.
What follows is a list of candidates in contests for city councils, school boards and special district boards. They include:
▪ Oakdale (two council seats): Incumbents Tom Dunlop and Richard Murdoch are unopposed. Christine Sulhoff pulled papers for treasurer.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Riverbank (mayor, two council seats): Incumbent Mayor Richard O’Brien and District 4 Councilwoman Darlene Barber-Martinez are unopposed. Anthony McKinney is running for the District 2 council seat and Cindy Fosi pulled papers.
▪ Patterson (mayor, two council seats): Councilwoman Deborah Novelli and Troy McComak filed papers for mayor. Incumbent Dominic Farinha filed for the District C seat; Glenn Saunders pulled papers. Chinyere Nnodim Jack filed for the District A council seat and Joshua Naranjo pulled papers.
▪ Newman (mayor, two council seats): Incumbent mayor Bob Martina is seeking re-election. Incumbent councilman Murray Day and Laroy McDonald filed papers.
▪ Turlock (two council seats): Council members Amy Bublak and Steven Nascimento and Donald Babadalir declared as candidates for District 4 seat. Gil Esquer and Jaime Franco filed for District 2 seat.
▪ Waterford (mayor, two council seats): Incumbent mayor Michael Van Winkle is unopposed. Incumbent Councilman Jose Aldaco and Thomas Powell filed papers.
▪ Yosemite Community College District: Incumbent Abe Rojas in Area 3 is facing challengers Bill Holly and Kevin Sabo. Incumbent Linda Flores is running against Darin Gharat in Area 5. Patrick Kolasinski and Leslie Beggs have declared as candidates in Area 6. Incumbent Tom Hallinan is challenged by Jon Rodriguez in Area 7.
▪ Stanislaus Union School District: Incumbents Susan Elliott and Jeff McKay are unopposed in areas 2 and 4, respectively. Gricelda Garcia filed for the short-term seat in Area 3.
▪ Salida Union School District (two seats): Incumbents Dennis Thompson in Area 3 and Gary Dew in Area 4 are unopposed.
▪ Hughson Unified School District (two seats): Incumbent James Hudelson is running in Area 1; no one has filed in Area 3.
▪ Newman-Crows Landing Unified School District: Incumbents Janice Conforti, Tim Bazar and RoseLee Hurst are unopposed in areas 1, 3 and 4, respectively.
▪ Waterford Unified School District (two seats): Incumbents Lisa Hawkins in Area 1 and Matt Erickson in Area 4 are unopposed.
▪ Oak Valley Hospital District: (two seats): Incumbents James Teter and Louise Pooley-Sanders are unopposed.
▪ Del Puerto Hospital District (two seats): Incumbent Anne Ielmini Stokman and Frank Daras declared as candidates.
▪ Westside Community Health Care District (two seats): No one has filed papers.
Ken Carlson: 209-578-2321