Ten people were arrested Thursday after agents searched a strip club west of Jamestown on Thursday for evidence of drug, sex and other crimes, the Tuolumne County Sheriff's Office reported.
Rosalinda's Gentlemen's Club, on Highway 108 at O'Byrnes Ferry Road, was searched by the Tuolumne Narcotics Team with help from other local and state agencies, Sgt. Deborah Moss said.
The owner, Rosalinda Aponte Sanmartin, was not at the establishment and is facing felony charges of maintaining and operating a drug house. Her daughter, Marlinda Beth Russo, arrived at the club as the search was taking place and was arrested.
Several other people at the club were questioned and released.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Modesto Bee
The arrests were a result of an undercover investigation over several months. A news release said "narcotics were purchased on multiple occasions and prostitution was solicited from at least one exotic dancer employed by the club." Detectives also observed "nightly" violations of alcohol rules, Moss said.
Rosalinda's is along a mostly rural stretch of 108 at the turnoff to Sierra Conservation Center, which is a state prison, and Tulloch Reservoir.
Moss said the club has had almost 200 calls for service to the sheriff's office over the past five years. They included a rape reported in November and a 2015 stabbing of one dancer by another in the leg. Assaults, thefts, code violations and other problems also have been reported.
Thursday's search had help from the sheriff's detectives and SWAT team, county child welfare and code enforcement employees, and the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
Along with Russo, the nine others taken into custody and booked into Tuolumne County Jail were:
- Sabrina Carol Wood, 27, felony warrant (Stanislaus County) and other charges.
- Mildred Lucille Kessler, 54, misdemeanor warrant (Tuolumne County)
- Daniel Joel Callahan, 26, two felonies, one misdemeanor warrant (Stanislaus County)
- Michael Laszlo Streib, 54, misdemeanor warrant (Tuolumne County)
- Beatrice Lee Ramos, 48, misdemeanor warrant (Rancho Cucamonga)
- Jaime Christine Wilcox, 41, misdemeanor, felony drug charges
- Breanna Noel Gallegos, 22, misdemeanor drug charges
- Raymond Jeffrey Bowman, 55, misdemeanor, felony drug charges
- Richard Lewis Bennett, 53, misdemeanor drug charges
No hometowns for the suspects were released.