LARGE SCHOOLS — BASEBALL
1. (1) Oakdale (20-2): Bay Area Catholic schools humble Mustangs twice, but they beat Sierra 12-1.
2. (2) Buhach Colony (14-7): Not as dominant as a year ago, but no one wants to face Dylan Floro.
3. (3) Davis (16-5): All the Spartans do is keep winning, but it's tough to crack the top two spots.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Modesto Bee
4. (4) Enochs (15-6): Ditto for Eagles, who came within two outs of handing Escalon its first defeat.
5. (5) Sierra (15-6): T-wolves played with No. 1 Oakdale through three innings, before it fell apart.
SMALL SCHOOLS — BASEBALL
1. (1) Escalon (20-0): Escalon has never had a perfect season; could this group pull off that feat?
2. (2) Central Catholic (16-5): Not the depth on the mound of last year, but starters are quality.
3. (4) Bret Harte (14-5): Bullfrogs thrash Linden 13-0 and it puts them in first place in the MLL.
4. (5) Waterford (16-5): Wildcats have never won a league title in a team sport; is this the season?
5. (nr) Modesto Christian (11-7): Make-or-break week for Crusaders, who play two vs. Escalon.
LARGE SCHOOLS — SOFTBALL
1. (2) Buhach Colony (18-4): Thunder reached final of NorCal Classic before falling to Lemoore.
2. (1) Davis (18-3): Losing 9-4 to Notre Dame, a team Buhach later beat, drops Spartans to No. 2.
3. (3) Oakdale (16-3): How will injuries suffered at NorCal Classic affect bid for the VOL crown?
4. (4) East Union (16-4): Dropped a game at the NorCal Classic, but VOL schedule still demanding.
5. (5) Johansen (12-7): Had Bucach on the ropes before faltering late; facing Davis on Wednesday.
SMALL SCHOOLS — SOFTBALL
1. (1) Escalon (19-1): With Caitlin Brooks mowing 'em down, Cougars remain the district's top team.
2. (2) Patterson (16-3): Tigers won Gold bracket at NorCal Classic; neck-and-neck with Escalon.
3. (3) Hilmar (15-1): Quiet Easter for 'Jackets, who play two vs. Patterson last week of season.
4. (4) Hughson (13-6): Got scare from Riverbank before escaping in the eighth for a one-run victory.
5. (5) Calaveras (16-2): With 'Skins and Linden running 1-2, MLL has a couple of strong teams.