LARGE SCHOOLS — BASEBALL
1. (1) Oakdale (20-2): Bay Area Catholic schools humble Mustangs twice, but they beat Sierra 12-1.
2. (2) Buhach Colony (14-7): Not as dominant as a year ago, but no one wants to face Dylan Floro.
3. (3) Davis (16-5): All the Spartans do is keep winning, but it's tough to crack the top two spots.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. (4) Enochs (15-6): Ditto for Eagles, who came within two outs of handing Escalon its first defeat.
5. (5) Sierra (15-6): T-wolves played with No. 1 Oakdale through three innings, before it fell apart.
SMALL SCHOOLS — BASEBALL
1. (1) Escalon (20-0): Escalon has never had a perfect season; could this group pull off that feat?
2. (2) Central Catholic (16-5): Not the depth on the mound of last year, but starters are quality.
3. (4) Bret Harte (14-5): Bullfrogs thrash Linden 13-0 and it puts them in first place in the MLL.
4. (5) Waterford (16-5): Wildcats have never won a league title in a team sport; is this the season?
5. (nr) Modesto Christian (11-7): Make-or-break week for Crusaders, who play two vs. Escalon.
LARGE SCHOOLS — SOFTBALL
1. (2) Buhach Colony (18-4): Thunder reached final of NorCal Classic before falling to Lemoore.
2. (1) Davis (18-3): Losing 9-4 to Notre Dame, a team Buhach later beat, drops Spartans to No. 2.
3. (3) Oakdale (16-3): How will injuries suffered at NorCal Classic affect bid for the VOL crown?
4. (4) East Union (16-4): Dropped a game at the NorCal Classic, but VOL schedule still demanding.
5. (5) Johansen (12-7): Had Bucach on the ropes before faltering late; facing Davis on Wednesday.
SMALL SCHOOLS — SOFTBALL
1. (1) Escalon (19-1): With Caitlin Brooks mowing 'em down, Cougars remain the district's top team.
2. (2) Patterson (16-3): Tigers won Gold bracket at NorCal Classic; neck-and-neck with Escalon.
3. (3) Hilmar (15-1): Quiet Easter for 'Jackets, who play two vs. Patterson last week of season.
4. (4) Hughson (13-6): Got scare from Riverbank before escaping in the eighth for a one-run victory.
5. (5) Calaveras (16-2): With 'Skins and Linden running 1-2, MLL has a couple of strong teams.