1. (1) Sierra (12-2): 'Wolves held Oakdale scoreless in the first quarter to highlight their two VOL victories.
2. (2) Merced (9-7): Winning at Pleasant Grove (81-80) was CCC tuneup, followed by win over Buhach Colony.
3. (3) Turlock (12-4): Bulldogs took week off, giving them rest before launching into conference competition.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Modesto Bee
4. (4) Downey (8-4): Knights established themselves as co-MMC favorite -- with Modesto -- by beating Davis.
5. (5) Pitman (11-4): Point guard Austin Keaton doing a fine job of spreading the ball around for the Pride.
1. (1) Turlock (15-3): Bulldogs allowed only 18 points in win over Atwater. Showdown at Merced on Tuesday.
2. (2) Merced (11-6): Bears have won four in a row and have scored 50-plus in eight consecutive games,
3. (3) Sierra (9-1): Lone loss to 11-5 Tokay, but big challenges await: Manteca and EU next two opponents.
4. (nr) East Union (9-7): Lancers upset previous No. 3 Sonora 65-58 to remain tied with Sierra atop the VOL.
5. (3) Sonora (11-5): Adrianne LeBlanc hit seven treys in loss to EU, so the 'Cats can connect from outside.
1. (1) Modesto Chr. (9-3): MC takes show to Kentucky this weekend to face state No. 2 Lexington Catholic.
2. (3) Patterson (12-3): Center Felix Mapanda starting to give Tigers consistent production under the basket.
3. (4) Summerville (12-3): With 6-foot-7-inch Dakotah Richter in the middle, Bears have won three in a row.
4. (5) Central Catholic (12-4): Six-point loss to No. 2 Patterson showed Raiders can contend for WAC crown.
5. (nr) Mariposa (12-4): Grizzlies have one of district's most exciting players in Tim Oswald and potent offense.
1. (1) Modesto Chr. (10-2): Holding Escalon to nine points shows Crusaders can play strong on both ends.
2. (2) Bret Harte (10-3): Always-tough Mother Lode League will make sure Bullfrogs continue to improve.
3. (3) Livingston (11-2): Wolves moved to the head of the WAC with their last-second, 31-30 victory at Hilmar.
4. (4) Hilmar (10-3): Yellowjackets one of three teams battling for WAC title. They host Patterson next Tuesday.
5. (5) Le Grand (10-4): Bulldogs have won 10 of their last 11, with not many challenges left on schedule.