1. (1) Sierra (12-2): 'Wolves held Oakdale scoreless in the first quarter to highlight their two VOL victories.
2. (2) Merced (9-7): Winning at Pleasant Grove (81-80) was CCC tuneup, followed by win over Buhach Colony.
3. (3) Turlock (12-4): Bulldogs took week off, giving them rest before launching into conference competition.
4. (4) Downey (8-4): Knights established themselves as co-MMC favorite -- with Modesto -- by beating Davis.
5. (5) Pitman (11-4): Point guard Austin Keaton doing a fine job of spreading the ball around for the Pride.
1. (1) Turlock (15-3): Bulldogs allowed only 18 points in win over Atwater. Showdown at Merced on Tuesday.
2. (2) Merced (11-6): Bears have won four in a row and have scored 50-plus in eight consecutive games,
3. (3) Sierra (9-1): Lone loss to 11-5 Tokay, but big challenges await: Manteca and EU next two opponents.
4. (nr) East Union (9-7): Lancers upset previous No. 3 Sonora 65-58 to remain tied with Sierra atop the VOL.
5. (3) Sonora (11-5): Adrianne LeBlanc hit seven treys in loss to EU, so the 'Cats can connect from outside.
1. (1) Modesto Chr. (9-3): MC takes show to Kentucky this weekend to face state No. 2 Lexington Catholic.
2. (3) Patterson (12-3): Center Felix Mapanda starting to give Tigers consistent production under the basket.
3. (4) Summerville (12-3): With 6-foot-7-inch Dakotah Richter in the middle, Bears have won three in a row.
4. (5) Central Catholic (12-4): Six-point loss to No. 2 Patterson showed Raiders can contend for WAC crown.
5. (nr) Mariposa (12-4): Grizzlies have one of district's most exciting players in Tim Oswald and potent offense.
1. (1) Modesto Chr. (10-2): Holding Escalon to nine points shows Crusaders can play strong on both ends.
2. (2) Bret Harte (10-3): Always-tough Mother Lode League will make sure Bullfrogs continue to improve.
3. (3) Livingston (11-2): Wolves moved to the head of the WAC with their last-second, 31-30 victory at Hilmar.
4. (4) Hilmar (10-3): Yellowjackets one of three teams battling for WAC title. They host Patterson next Tuesday.
5. (5) Le Grand (10-4): Bulldogs have won 10 of their last 11, with not many challenges left on schedule.