1. (1) Merced (3-1): The Bears struggled to get past Del Oro, an ominous performance given that potent Los Banos visits Merced College this week.
2. (2) Sonora (4-0): 'Cats were riddled by Ceres' passing attack, escaping with 35-34 win, and this week the VOL's top quarterback comes to town.
3. (5) Pitman (4-1): The Pride survived a tough early schedule and used the momentum to rout Buhach Colony in CCC opener. Well-deserved bye.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Modesto Bee
4. (4) Manteca (4-0): Recipe for success is pretty apparent: Get the ball to RB Marquis Miller and let defense intimidate and overwhelm the opponent.5. (nr) Los Banos (3-2): Beating Turlock was an upset -- shutting out 'Dogs a stunner. Can Tigers put their stamp on CCC by beating No. 1 Merced?
1. (1) Central Catholic (3-1): Beat last two foes 76-0 after defense struggled the first two weeks. St. Mary's, Oregon-State bound QB Cody Vaz visit.
2. (2) Escalon (4-0): Big-play Charlie McDonald gives Cougars ability to score from anywhere. Can they keep momentum going through tough TVL?
3. (3) Modesto Christian (3-1): Points, points are everywhere, but none to spare. Allowed 88 last two weeks, too many for team with title dreams.
4. (4) Hilmar (4-0): 'Jackets continue to enhance their credibility, thrashing Calaveras 46-21. Trip to Argonaut this week will provide another test.
5. (5) Patterson (3-1): Tigers stepped up to take on D-I Downey and jumped to 31-0 lead. It's D-I Modesto this week, with its large offensive line.