In response to "Who approves of this president?" (Jan. 18, Letters) listing 10 signs of a dangerous president:
1. The president governs with secrecy: During World War II, President Franklin D. Roosevelt demanded secrecy. "Loose lips sink ships" was a slogan seen everywhere. Roosevelt and the American people were determined to win the war. Today, out of hatred for President Bush, the Democrats are determined to lose the war on terrorism.
2. The president attacks. Let's look at the slanderous attacks against Bush during the last seven years: Calling him Hitler, worse than al-Qaida and more. These attacks, all lies, show disrespect for the office of the president.
3. After many investigations, there is no proof Bush has lied about anything or uses policy to favor certain people.
4. Unnecessary war? How many times did Bill Clinton take our country to war? Four times. How many times did Clinton go to Congress for approval? Zero.
5. The U.S. Constitution gives the president specific authorities, but the Democrats in Congress have tried everything to take these away, such as conducting war and appointing judges. This also shows lack of respect for the office.
Why should the Democrats be allowed to occupy the White House?
WRITE TO US
Do you have opinions about issues facing the world today? The Bee welcomes letters from young readers, which we feature under the Fresh Ink label and will run in the paper on Fridays. Students should follow the regular guidelines for submitting letters (see below), and include their age and/or school. You can find examples of letters or write one at www.modbee.com/opinion -- look for the Fresh Ink logo. Teens also can comment on one another's thoughts.