Letters to the Editor

Your plants could kill your pets

To all pet lovers: please take time to see if the plants in your yard can harm your animals. Over Labor Day weekend, our family learned a valuable lesson. My son's puppy, Roscoe, was playing in my yard and ingested part of a blue potato bush. Within hours, he became very ill. This prompted a trip to the emergency vet and we contacted poison control, who informed us the plant is very toxic and if he had not been treated quickly, the dog would have died.

All plants should have warning labels if they are harmful to pets. Had I known this plant could harm our pets, I would never have purchased it. The plants were removed from our yard prior to the dog returning home.

LOUISE JOHNSON

Modesto

  Comments