Letters to the Editor

Legal solution to noisy neighbors needed

Who enforces city ordinances? Not the police. I live in the northeast part of Modesto and have called the police a bazillion times about the loudness, fighting in the streets, cars racing up and down, alarms being set off and left running until the owner gets smart enough to turn them off and the rudeness of one of our neighbors. Police don't respond — or, if they do, it's three or four hours later; maybe a call if we're lucky.

I know there is a noise ordinance in the city, but their hands are always tied, I'm told. So who do we call? Maybe the city; maybe the mayor? If anyone has a legal solution, please send it.