Super Tuesday is less than a month away. Presidential candidates soon will be coming to California, courting our primary votes and our money. Hopefully, one or two of them will find their way to Modesto.
If so, here are 10 things they should know when campaigning in and around the land of Water, Wealth, Contentment, Health:
10. Don't wear wingtips (or high heels) on a campaign trip to a dairy.
9. If it's a Spare the Air Day, leave the SUV caravan in San Francisco.
8. Confine your fishing to campaign contributions; there aren't enough salmon in our rivers to spare.
7. Real politicians do more than shake hands; they remember the way back (unlike many folks now in Sacramento).
6. We can get you an amazing deal on a four-bedroom, three-bath.
5. "Dairy air" is not a part of anyone's anatomy.
4. Smile when you say "Nuts."
3. The Gallo Center is not where we take people to be hanged, even in effigy.
2. It's the water, stupid.
1. Don't drink wine or prefer beer? Keep quiet about it. (Four of the biggest wineries in the United States are within 30 minutes of Modesto).
Do you have more advice? Go to www.modbee.com/opinion and add your comments or send us a letter to the editor.