Editor's Note: This story contains information on sexual activity that may be offensive to some readers.
A Modesto Junior College instructor and former reserve Ripon police officer will go to trial on charges he molested two friends of his teenage daughter a year ago and a 17-year-old Explorer Scout nearly two decades ago, a prosecutor said Monday.
A judge found enough evidence last week to send Francisco “Frank” Jose Drummond, 43, before a jury on the charges that include two felony counts of lewd and lascivious acts with the two girls, ages 13 and 15.
A third count alleges Drummond forced oral copulation on the Explorer Scout in 1991. The now-grown woman testified Drummond was her supervising officer for ROP but she “quit the program and never pursued her dream” after the alleged incident, Deputy District Attorney Annette Rees said.
$20 for 365 Days of Unlimited Digital Access
Last chance to take advantage of our best offer of the year! Act now!
#ReadLocal
Drummond was arrested during a staff meeting Aug. 28, 2009, at MJC’s east campus, where he taught criminal justice courses, police said.
Drummond resigned from his job as a reserve Ripon police officer just days after police showed up at his Modesto home to investigate allegations of lewd acts with the teenage girls.
He previously worked as a police officer in Modesto and Patterson.
Police said Drummond sexually molested two girls at his home in the 900 block of Wellesley Avenue, near the MJC campus.
Investigators believe the girls were molested separately, on Aug. 9 and 20, 2009.
Drummond is on unpaid leave pending the outcome of his criminal case, a spokesman for the Yosemite Community College District said.Drummond was released from jail on $75,000 bail. He will be arraigned Jan. 7 on the three felony charges.
Comments