The county Health Services Agency will hold flu vaccination clinics in most cities in Stanislaus County over the next six weeks.
The vaccinations are mainly for low-income residents and others who don’t have insurance. Health officials recommend flu vaccinations for anyone 6 months of age and older.
According to an announcement this week, seven flu clinics are planned in Modesto, Turlock, Ceres, Patterson and Valley Home. The Health Services Agency is working out details of providing flu shots in Hughson, Oakdale and Newman.
Participants are asked to pay a fee of $10 per child and $27 per adult, but no one will be turned away for inability to pay, a press release said. The vaccinations for children and adults protect against seasonal flu strains.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Dr. John Walker, county public health officer, said individuals coming down with the flu can spread the virus to others 24 hours before they feel sick. Residents can keep from spreading the flu by not touching their eyes, nose or mouth; by coughing into their sleeves; by washing hands; and by staying home when they’re ill.
Flu shot clinics will be held at the following times and locations:
• Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Binational Health Week event at Hanshaw Middle School, 1725 Las Vegas St., in south Modesto.
• Oct. 12, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at El Rematito Flea Market, 3113 Crows Landing Road, Modesto.
• Oct. 21, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Turlock Flea Market, 2000 East Ave.
• Oct. 25, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Patterson Family Resource Center, 118 N. Second St.
• Nov. 2, 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Modesto 7th Street Flea Market, auction yard at 1107 S. Seventh St.
• Nov. 3, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m., St. John’s Lutheran Church, 4606 Michigan Ave. in Valley Home.
• Nov. 9, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Ceres Flea Market, 1651 E. Whitmore Ave.
County public health also administers flu vaccine at the immunization clinic at 820 Scenic Drive in Modesto. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Friday. The clinic accepts Medi-Cal and Medicare Part B coverage or cash.
The Scenic Drive clinic has fast-track hours for cash-paying clients from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday and 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday.
Flu information is available at www.hsahealth.org or call (209) 558-8872.