Harvest America – an annual nationwide Christian event streamed to thousands of locations across the country, including churches, theaters and living rooms – is set for Sunday.
A number of local churches will host simulcasts of the event, which will feature a message by evangelist Greg Laurie and performances by Christian artists.
Laurie is the senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside and Harvest Orange County in Irvine. He began his pastoral ministry at age 19 by leading a Bible study of 30 people. Today, that has grown to a congregation of 15,000 people, making Harvest one of the largest churches in America.
In 1990, Laurie launched large-scale public evangelistic events called Harvest Crusades. Since that time, more than 5 million people have attended those events – including some 20,000 who attended a Harvest Crusade on the campus of California State University, Stanislaus, in August 2007.
Laurie also has a daily syndicated radio program, “A New Beginning,” which is broadcast on more than 700 radio outlets around the world.
The simulcasts are at 4 p.m. unless otherwise noted. There is no charge to attend.
• Centenary Church, off McHenry Avenue just north of Briggsmore Avenue
• Baptist Temple Church, 705 Paradise Road
• Calvary Chapel, on Pelandale Avenue east of Dale Road, at 6 p.m.
• Connecting Point Church of the Nazarene, 3200 E. Monte Vista Ave.
• Creekside Community Church, 13650 Bergel Road
• Valley Christian Chapel, 1201 Cedar Ave.
• Creekside Evangelical Free Church, 2876 G St.
• Pacheco High School, 200 Ward Ave.
For more information on Sunday’s event, go to www.harvestamerica.com .