Firefighters from the Turlock Fire Department battled a garage fire on the 200 block of Davis Street on Sunday night.
Crews were called out to the working structure fire at about 9:20 p.m., according to a Turlock Fire Department news release.
On arrival the firefighters encountered a detached garage nearly fully engulfed in flames. Crews were able to knock down the fire quickly and save the main residence.
There were no injuries reported, the news release said.
A total of three engines, one squad, a battalion chief, and the fire chief responded to the incident, according to the news release.
After an investigation, Turlock fire officials determined the fire started with an overheated clothes dryer.
Turlock Fire Department said dryer screens should be cleaned after each load and ducts and vents should be kept lint-free.
An estimated 2,900 dryer fires happen every year, the Turlock Fire Department said in a news release.