Name: Charles Elwood Gay II
Name you prefer for publication: Charlie Gay
Office sought: Ripon City Council
Political party: Republican
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Modesto Bee
Place of employment and job title: United Sign Systems
Cell phone or pager number (if applicable): same as above
Campaign Web site (if applicable): League of Women Voters
If married, please list date, place and spouse's name. Nov. 10, 1979, Karin Gay
If you have children, please list their names and ages. Sarah Metcalf 28, Charlie Gay 26, Becky Gay, 23, Jared Gay, 20, Matty Gay 15.
Schools attended, degrees attained:
- Davis High School, Modesto, CA 1972
- Brigham Young University, BS Geography, 1979
- California State University Stanislaus, MA History and International Relations, 1988
Have you served in the military? If so, please list rank and bases where you served. No
Have you ever been convicted or arrested for a crime other than a minor traffic violation? If so, please explain: N/A
Have you ever declared bankruptcy? If so, please include dates. Yes, approx. 1994, discharged appox. 1997.
Have you held any past elected public offices? (include dates) No
Have you held any past appointed public offices? (include dates)
- Ripon Economic Development Commission June 1989 - April 1993. Chairman December 1991 - April 1993.
Please list any professional, social, labor or fraternal groups of which you are a member:
Please list your top three priorities if you are elected to the office you're seeking. You may use up to 50 words per priority. Longer items will be edited to meet the word limit.
- Priority 1 — My top priority is public safety and I desire that Ripon's small town quality of life continues. I will work with local law enforcement to be sure that they have the tools needs to keep crime away from Ripon