Name: (Full, legal name) Garry James Krebbs
Name you prefer for publication: Garry Krebbs
Office sought: Ripon City Council
Political party: Non-partisan race (I am a Republican)
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Modesto Bee
Place of employment and job title (If retired, position at retirement): Retired. I worked for Department of Defense (Tracy and Sharpe depots) for 38 years in the Engineering Division and my last job was Construction Inspector/Energy Manager.
Campaign Web site (if applicable): electkrebbs.com
If married, please list date, place and spouse's name: Married Nov. 2. 1968, Dawn
If you have children, please list their names and ages: Garrett (son), Tabetha (daughter), Troy (son in law), Trentyn (grandson), Taylin (granddaughter)
Schools attended, degrees attained:
- Degree in Business, Delta College,
- Course work, Modesto Junior College,
- California State University, Stanislaus
Have you served in the military? If so, please list rank and bases where you served;
U.S. Air Force 4 years, Staff Sergeant.
- Travis AFB, California
- Vietnam, 3 bases in one year (Construction)
- Griffiss AFB, Rome, New York.
Have you ever declared bankruptcy? If so, please include dates. NO
Have you held any past elected public offices? (include dates) NO
Have you held any past appointed public offices? (include dates)
- Nineteen-years, Ripon Planning Commission (present).
- Ripon Representative on the San Joaquin Council of Governments' Citizens Advisory Committee (present).
- Member, Ripon Green Committee (present).
Please list any professional, social, labor or fraternal groups of which you are a member:
- Combined Federal Campaign (Chair-Person many times and present member.
- Ripon Lions Club (President, Vice President, current Treasurer).
- Veterans of Foreign Wars.
- Toastmasters (chapter President, District Govern0r).
- Ripon Jaycees (Local President, District Governor, Regional Director, CA State Vice President).
- Ripon Volunteers in Police (VIP's).
Please list your top three priorities if you are elected to the office you're seeking. You may use up to 50 words per priority. Longer items will be edited to meet the word limit:
- Continued responsible quality growth.
- I will work with my fellow council members in prioritizing the city budget during these critical times. While the state legislators may cut a portion of our state funding $$$, I will make sure our quality life is not impacted.
- I propose to work with my fellow council members to continue to enhance our quality of life with design guides, to protect our old downtown, and the Historic residential area of Ripon.
- I will partner with the School District and Fire District to help maintain their high standards.
- Our Ripon Police Dept. has received many state and national awards. Protection of Ripon citizens will remain one of the top priorities.