Name: (Full, legal name) Michael Philip Riley
Name you prefer for publication: Mike Riley
Office sought: Yosemite Community College District Trustee, Dist. 5
Political party: Registered Democrat
Place of employment and job title(If retired, position at retirement): Retired Chief Financial Officer for Diamond Walnut Growers, Stockton, Ca.
Birth date, place: March 28, 1949, Los Angeles, Ca
Campaign Web site (if applicable): none
If married, please list date, place and spouse’s name: June 26, 1971, Modesto, Ca, Melinda Millerman Riley
If you have children, please list their names and ages: Ben Riley, 30; Zach Riley, 28; Mandy Riley, 27
Education: Schools attended, degrees attained:
- California State University, Stanislaus, MBA
- California State University, Northridge
- Moorpark Community College
- California Lutheran University, BA
Have you served in the military? If so, please list rank and bases where you served: No.
Have you ever been convicted or arrested for a crime other than a minor traffic violation? If so, please explain: No.
Have you ever declared bankruptcy? If so, please include dates: No.
Have you held any past elected public offices? (include dates): No.
Have you held any past appointed public offices? (include dates): No.
Please list any professional, social, labor or other groups of which you are a member: None currently. Previously: Institute for Cooperative Financial Officers, National Council of Farm Cooperatives, National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives.
Please list your top three priorities if you are elected to the office you’re seeking. You may use up to 50 words per priority. Longer items will be edited to meet the word limit:
- Get MJC off accreditation probation and improve controls to prevent this problem from happening again. We need to learn from this lesson and make sure we’re always on track. The faculty, administration and trustees must have the mind set that regularly reviews risks to a clear accreditation status.