Name: Amy Bublak
Office sought: Turlock City Council
Political party: Republican
Place of employment and job title (If retired, position at retirement): Police Officer, Modesto Police Department
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Birth date, place: January 15, 1965 in San Francisco
Campaign Web site (if applicable): VoteBublak.com
If married, please list date, place and spouse's name: Dr. Milton Richards and I were married on May 21, 2005 in Turlock.
If you have children, please list their names and ages: None
Education: Schools attended, degrees attained:
- California State University Stanislaus, BA Sociology and Criminal Justice
- San Francisco State, MA Public Administration
Have you served in the military? If so, please list rank and bases where you served: N/A
Have you ever been convicted or arrested for a crime other than a minor traffic violation? If so, please explain: No
Have you ever declared bankruptcy? If so, please include dates: No
Have you held any past elected public offices? (include dates): No
Have you held any past appointed public offices? (include dates):
- Turlock City Planning Commission Fall 2006 to Present
- Red Cross, Stanislaus County Board of Directors, Fall 2006 to Present
Please list any professional, social, labor or fraternal groups of which you are a member: League of Women Voters
Please list your top three priorities if you are elected to the office you're seeking:
My top priorities include keeping our streets safe, protecting our quality of life and insuring smart growth.
- The Council must field the best-trained and equipped police force possible in order to fight gangs and protect the public.
- Turlock must continue to build on its relationship with CSU Stanislaus because the University contributes to our vibrant local economy.
- Turlock must plan for responsible growth while building a business friendly reputation.