Comprised of teams from Central California Conference, Modesto Metro Conference, Valley Oak League and Western Athletic Conference. Results as of Wednesday.
1. (1) PITMAN: Whitney Barnes and Yisel Perez had 12 kills apiece as the Pride opened their Central California Conference title defense with a sweep of Atwater.
2. (2) TURLOCK: Julia Handy dished out 32 assists, and Emily Romo and Jadyn Tubbs each had nine kills, as the Bulldogs knocked Golden Valley from the rankings.
Never miss a local story.
3. (3) ENOCHS: Ashley Maki had 20 assists and Micaela Kent 13 digs for the Eagles, who swept Johansen to improve to 2-0 in Modesto Metro Conference play.
4. (4) GREGORI: The Jaguars have won four consecutive matches, including a 3-0 victory over Beyer to start MMC play; Emily Joseph had 11 kills and 10 digs in the win.
5. (5) EL CAPITAN: The Gauchos have got a big week ahead; El Capitan travels to Los Banos, which boasts conference winning streak spanning four seasons.
6. (7) OAKDALE: Abigail Matoso had seven aces and six kills, while Lauren Ott had six kills and five digs, in a 3-0 victory over Sierra; Oakdale Tournament is Saturday.
7. (nr) CENTRAL CATHOLIC: The Raiders have won four consecutive matches, including two to start the Valley Oak League, but dates with Oakdale, East Union and Manteca loom.
Others to watch: Golden Valley, Manteca, Buhach Colony, East Union, Merced, Atwater.
Comprised of teams from Trans-Valley League, Mother Lode League, Central California Athletic Alliance and Southern League. Results as of Wednesday.
1. (1) SONORA: Kiana Pisula has averaged 30 assists and Riley Patterson 14.5 digs in victories over Summerville and Calaveras to start Mother Lode League play.
2. (2) HILMAR: The Yellowjackets posted convincing victories over Mountain House and Hughson, but now comes their first test in Trans-Valley League play: Ripon on Wednesday.
3. (3) BRET HARTE: Addison Stafford tallied 39 assists and 5-foot-5 Morgan Puccinelli hammered home 10 kills for the Bullfrogs, who began Mother Lode League play by beating Summerville.
4. (4) ESCALON: The Cougars rallied back from a 2-1 deficit, benefitting from a lineup change late to win their ninth straight meeting with No. 5 small Ripon.
5. (5) RIPON: The Indians pushed Escalon to a fifth game for the third straight time, but remain winless against their Trans-Valley League rival under coach Adrienne Beltrami.
6. (6) TURLOCK CHRISTIAN: The Eagles will take part in the Carmichael Tournament this weekend and then welcome Merced on Monday before starting Central California Athletic Association play.
7. (7) BIG VALLEY CHRISTIAN: The Lions edged Ripon Christian on Monday in their final tune-up for CCAA play; Big Valley Christian opens with Millennium at West High.
Others to watch: Stone Ridge Christian, Hughson, Ripon Christian.