The Bee’s Stanislaus District Girls Basketball Rankings
02/10/2014 5:34 PM
02/10/2014 7:01 PM
Large Schools (Divisions 1-3)
1. (1) Modesto Christian (16-8) – At Ripon tonight, then has rematch with Riverbank on Thursday to decide league title.
2. (2) Patterson (21-4) – Pushed winning streak to 10 straight; games left with Pacheco and Central Valley, teams the Tigers have beaten by 37 and 33.
3. (3) Enochs (21-2) – Eagles own a two-game lead in MMC with four to play.
4. (4) Kimball (20-3) – Jaguars on a collision course with Weston Ranch for VOL championship on Feb. 18.
5. (5) Weston Ranch (16-6) – Must run Manteca gauntlet – at Manteca, at Sierra, vs. East Union – before getting another crack at No. 4 Kimball.
Small Schools (Divisions 4-6)
1. (1) Riverbank (21-2) – Survived overtime scare against Ripon (47-44) last week thanks to junior point guard Olivia Luu.
2. (3) Ripon Christian (18-3) – Ed Mulder’s club keeps rolling along with 15 consecutive wins.
3. (4) Bret Harte (20-4) – Meets No. 4 Argonaut for the third time since Jan. 13 tonight at 7:30 p.m.
4. (4) Argonaut (19-4) – Mustangs have split the season series with No. 3 Bret Harte – the rubber match is tonight.
5. (nr) Merced (13-10) – Since losing CCC opener to Atwater, Bears have six straight league wins and sit atop standings.
Join the Discussion
The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.