More than $11,000 was made in the first Bowling for Autism fundraiser held at Yosemite Lanes.
Participants were treated to bowling, a car show, raffle, silent auction and BBQ chicken dinner, but the real winner was the local chapter of Autism Speaks.
▪ The Ladies No-Tap Trio Tournament is celebrating Christmas this Monday at McHenry Bowl. A Christmas side pot will be included and everyone will receive a ticket for several Christmas drawings. Potluck and check-in begins at 9 a.m., and tournament scoring starts at 9:30.
▪ Husband and wife Bob and Kim Heller topped their respective prize lists in the Yosemite Senior No-Tap Tournament. Bob won the men’s side with his 938 score, and Kim was high for the ladies with her 919 total. Second place for the ladies went to Pat Akins, scoring a 907. LaDonna Stone finished third with her 901 set. Richard Rapp took the second spot for the men with his 884 series. Rounding out the top three with an 881 was Karl Sparks.
▪ If you are looking for a great way to celebrate the holiday season for your group or office, check out a bowling party. Both bowling centers are booking holiday parties now for large or small groups. Options are available to fit your needs. For information, call Stacey at McHenry (209-571-2695) or Wayne at Yosemite (209-524-9161).
▪ Sign-ups are open for the “New Year in Paris” No-tap Tournament at McHenry on the afternoon of Dec. 31. Festivities start at 11:30 a.m. with a buffet lunch and tournament bowling beginning at 12:30 p.m. New Year’s favors and a champagne toast will ring in the new year at 3 p.m. PST, midnight in Paris. Call Terry or Theresa at 209-571-2695 for reservations or information. This tournament is sold out each year so reserve your spot soon.
▪ This year’s Strike Out Hunger program will run the month of December at McHenry. For every five cans of unexpired food you donate, you can bowl one free game, including shoe rental. You can bowl your games then or take a coupon good for a later trip. Five cans of food will also earn you a discount to Afterschool Jam, Rock-n-Bowl, Musicmania, Sunday Nite Live or Tuesday Quartermania. The special is good during the day or evening. All food collected will be donated to the United Samaritans Food Program.
▪ This Saturday is the Pro-Am for the PBA World Series of Bowling VIII at the National Bowling Stadium in Reno, Nev. This is your chance to bowl with the top bowlers from throughout the world. One squad will be held at 6 p.m. Cost is $99 for adults and $50 for youth. Call the bowling stadium at 800-304-2695 for information.
▪ A big-money scratch tournament is coming up Dec. 10 and 11 at Stars Recreation Center in Vacaville. Guaranteed first place will pay $10,000. Qualifying will be held Dec. 10 with match-play finals Dec. 11. Entry fee is $250. Call Robby Callan at 707-330-7165 for information.
Dallas Kadry: 209-571-2695 or firstname.lastname@example.org