Mark Costello: Ice rink, pot festival and more in Modesto?
01/22/2014 3:30 PM
01/22/2014 10:28 PM
Here are some crazy ideas to make Modesto a better place:• We need a drag strip on upper Ninth Street right past the Warden’s Office Supply store; every time I go down this part of Ninth, it’s dead.
• Ice skating rink in between Brenden Theatres and Fuzio’s, or move that weird fountain and put it there. Make a walking bridge from the car garage to Brenden.
• Make it legal for electric golf carts to drive on bike paths, then designate certain streets for them during the week to encourage them for travel to downtown.
• Bring back the original Graffiti celebration. The original Graffiti brought tons of money and excitement to Modesto; now it’s boring.
• Marijuana festival. When people smoke, they eat, drink and laugh and hug each other. I do not smoke, but I have witnessed this in amazement.
• Implement stricter business cosmetic policies for Yosemite Boulevard and Crows Landing Road. If you own a business, be proud of it. No loitering; use proper, tasteful building colors, shiny signs, etc.
• Create a homeless park in the mission parking lot, plant grass and have that syringe doctor distribute there.
Come on, Modesto, start submitting some ideas!
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.