The Border Control article in the Opinions Pages of June 28 ("Border surge a waste of money") is right on target.
It points out that the very best way to control illegal immigration is to identify those who hire the illegals and place their corporate executives in jail and then fine the company.
Following are my thoughts on the subject:
1. It is a disgrace when we see that black youth unemployment is at 40.5 percent. Yet, the illegal Latinos seek the same low-skilled jobs that should be held by blacks.
2. There are other border problems: Latinos carrying backpacks loaded with illegal drugs. This must be stopped!
3. Mexican Latinos do not need to pay a coyote $2,000 to be led in terrible heat to cross the border. They can enter the border gate legally to go to Disneyland or do some shopping. Then they go north to meet relatives who lead them to employment. This should be stopped!
4. The "path to citizenship" is a magnet for more illegals to enter the United States.
5. Our politicians care more about votes than about unemployed Americans.