10 reasons to switch to credit unions
05/26/2012 6:40 PM
05/26/2012 7:10 PM
Ten reasons why I use a local credit union and not a big bank:
1. It is nonprofit, and I'm a voting shareholder
2. My money stays local and is invested locally
3. Local businesses are valued customers
4. My loans stay with the credit union and aren't sold off
5. Super friendly and knowledgeable personnel
6. 24-7 online services
7. Minimum service fees
8. Senior advantage accounts
9. Advanced ATMs within a no-fees nationwide network
10. Not too big to fail
Move your money to a local credit union, which keeps money here and out of the hands of gamblers on Wall Street. When the gamblers lose, we all do, because taxpayer dollars bail them out and they keep on gambling as well as paying huge executive bonuses with our money.
Let's end the madness and all do business with local financial institutions. Check out your options; there are many great local banks and credit unions.
We don't need more regulations or bureaucracy. We can right the ship ourselves. Let's move it.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.