Donald Trump is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and so is the Congressional Republican majority. Trump one day shouts “Destroy North Korea” and then, while in South Korea, he talks diplomacy. China he reviled and now praises. Is this hypocrisy, or his version of a deal? Those in Congress, like Jeff Denham, are the same. They claim that replacing ACA will help we-the-people but would have put millions in jeopardy. Then there’s the tax bills. The Senate and House have different versions. Their versions of “help” include:
▪ Child care and dependent care assistance, gone.
▪ Corporate tax rates of 20 percent with all the old loopholes.
▪ We-the-people lose state and local tax deductions.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Deductions for adopted children eliminated.
▪ Medical deductions eliminated.
▪ Student and graduate loans deductions eliminated.
▪ Mortgage interest deductions capped.
▪ Rich get a “pass-through” formula, lowering their income tax rate to 25 percent.
▪ Takes away 15 percent tax credit for 65 and older or retirees on disability.
▪ Personal exemptions eliminated.
▪ One good thing, standard deduction doubled.
The worst thing is that Trump will sign anything to say he’s fulfilled a promise, even if the swamp stinks ever worse!.
Please, lets “Make America Human Again!”
Diane Kroeze, Modesto