Here’s a short list of what Oakdale Irrigation District incumbents have given you over the past years:
1. Annexing 7,200 acres for new almond orchards saying it will have zero impact on water, air, traffic, etc.
2. Pumping groundwater in the midst of a four-year drought while hundreds of domestic wells went dry.
3. Choosing costly litigation (more than $500,000 this year alone) over discussion, and then losing!
Never miss a local story.
4. A poorly planned fallowing program that was subsequently disallowed by superior court judges, with one commenting that the lawsuit filed by the plaintiff to stop OID’s program served “the public good.”
5. Canceling evening meetings until after the absentee votes are cast.
6. Failing for years to follow the law and balance our voting districts.
7. Taking an “attack” approach versus civility.
There’s so much more. Steve Knell gets Tom Orvis, but your vote for Grover Francis and Don Taro can bring needed change and an end to favoritism.
Mike Tozzi, Oakdale