When Oakdale resident Bill Bossard went to Las Vegas last week to meet up with his brother from Montana, he drank a bottle of water bearing the label of The D, a hotel down on the old strip. Upon further inspection, he noticed the source of the water is "Municipal Water Supply, Modesto, CA" Turns out a company based in Michigan owns Hydration Source LLC, which gets its water from the city. A company in Lubbock, Texas, dstributes to the hotel and other companies, often straight from Modesto. Bossard is pictured reading the label.
When Oakdale resident Bill Bossard went to Las Vegas last week to meet up with his brother from Montana, he drank a bottle of water bearing the label of The D, a hotel down on the old strip. Upon further inspection, he noticed the source of the water is "Municipal Water Supply, Modesto, CA" Turns out a company based in Michigan owns Hydration Source LLC, which gets its water from the city. A company in Lubbock, Texas, dstributes to the hotel and other companies, often straight from Modesto. Bossard is pictured reading the label. jjardine@modbee.com
When Oakdale resident Bill Bossard went to Las Vegas last week to meet up with his brother from Montana, he drank a bottle of water bearing the label of The D, a hotel down on the old strip. Upon further inspection, he noticed the source of the water is "Municipal Water Supply, Modesto, CA" Turns out a company based in Michigan owns Hydration Source LLC, which gets its water from the city. A company in Lubbock, Texas, dstributes to the hotel and other companies, often straight from Modesto. Bossard is pictured reading the label. jjardine@modbee.com

Jeff Jardine: More Graffiti legends to be honored on Modesto’s 10th Street walk of fame

May 12, 2014 4:22 PM

More Videos

  • Listeria is rare but dangerous

    Listeria is a bacteria that can cause food-borne illness, known as listeriosis. It can grow in foods such as uncooked meats, vegetables, soft cheeses and unpasteurized milk. Doctor Steven Gordon of Cleveland Clinic says that although listeria isn't common, it can be very dangerous.