This week is testing time for lots of districts, the most stressful weeks of the year on campus. Inspired by the website TestTakingTips.com come these ideas for school grown-ups:
1. Take a deep breath and count to ten -- by twos or fives if it helps.
2. Stand and stretch, take a short walk around the classroom.
3. Smile, even if the happy has to kick in later.
Never miss a local story.
4. Stop and smell the roses – notice small positives, chuckle freely.
5. Know your limits. It’s OK to say no.
6. Acquit yourself – sometimes poop happens.
7. Seek calm. Easy tunes, the Serenity Prayer – find your own tension talisman.
8. When you need help, get help. Talk to a friend or fellow knotted-neck proctor.
9. Come prepared: rest, eat healthy, exercise.
10. After school take a nap, zone out with a movie, soak in a hot bath
Rinse. Repeat, until testing days are done.