Crime

February 28, 2013

Suspect in Modesto triple homicide fails to show up to police department

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of the one outstanding suspect in last year's triple homicide after he failed to turn himself into Modesto police Wednesday night as promised.

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of the one outstanding suspect in last year's triple homicide after he failed to turn himself into Modesto police Wednesday night as promised.

Ricky Javier Madrigal, 20, is wanted on a no bail warrant for three counts of murder in connection with the shooting deaths of 16-year-old David Siebels, 19-year-old Alyxandria Tellez and 31-year-old Edward Joseph Reinig on March 3.

Homicide Sgt. Alex Bettis said Madrigal is a documented Norteño gang member and is considered armed and dangerous. He is known to frequent the airport neighborhood and northeast Modesto.

Madrigal’s attorney, according to Bettis, said she would have Madrigal surrender at the police department Wednesday night but he never showed.

In addition to his indictment by a criminal grand jury in the triple homicide, Madrigal is a person of interest in the Dec. 23, 2011, shooting death of a 30-year-old man in east Modesto.

Madrigal’s codefendants in the triple homicide are Robert Palomino, 43, Juan Jose Nila, 27, Armando Osegueda, 31, Jose Osegueda Jr., 36, Richard Tyrone Garcia, 31, and Joseph Luis Jauriqui, 23. They were all arrested Tuesday.

Related content

Comments

Videos

Editor's Choice Videos