Two Turlock High School students were arrested on campus Wednesday after a girl became ill from eating a marijuana-laced cookie.
Turlock police Sgt. Stephen Webb said the girl was taken by ambulance to a hospital. Preliminary investigation indicates that the girl knowingly ingested the cookie, Webb said.
A school resource officer investigating the case arrested a 17-year-old boy on suspicion of possession of marijuana for sale.
A second boy involved in the investigation was arrested on suspicion of violating his probation, but as of Wednesday evening had not been charged with a crime related to the marijuana cookies.
Never miss a local story.
Both boys were booked at Juvenile Hall.
Webb did not know how many cookies were brought on campus and how many students other than the girl might have ingested them. He did not know the girl's condition.