Explosions from burning canisters heard in Ceres
10/01/2012 12:14 AM
10/01/2012 12:16 AM
Officials say butane canisters burning in a trash can caused the miniexplosions heard outside the American Legion Hall at Lawrence and Ninth streets Saturday night.
Ceres police Sgt. Danny Vierra said Sunday the canisters were heating a PVC pipe, believed to have been used to extract chemicals from marijuana plants.
The 5 p.m. disturbance brought out the Stanislaus County sheriff's bomb squad, and traffic was blocked from the area.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.