Road Work (9-01-14)
08/31/2014 6:48 PM
08/31/2014 6:49 PM
ROAD WORK• The old onramps from Pelandale Avenue to Highway 99 have closed as part of the interchange replacement. Other work will require shoulder closures in several locations. Details are at www.sr99pelandale.org.
• Extension of the Virginia Corridor trail means closure of the south sidewalk on Woodrow Avenue and the north sidewalk on Rumble Road . Periodic lane closures are possible in the area.
• Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction for intersection improvements at Roselle and Merle avenues .
• Briggsmore Avenue from Sisk Road to 500 feet west of McHenry Avenue will have alternating lane closures for pavement work.• Delays are expected for construction of a right-turn lane from eastbound Bangs Avenue to southbound Prescott Road .
• Sections of Carver Road will be closed to through traffic from Orangeburg Avenue to Roseburg Avenue from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for pipeline construction. Some lane closures are planned on Orangeburg Avenue between Grape Avenue and Del Vale Avenue .
• Tree trimming will require daytime barricades in parts of downtown. It also will involve right lane closures on Yosemite Boulevard , first from Yosemite Meadows Drive to D Street , then from D Street to Empire Avenue .
• Water main work will take place mostly at night on Sisk Road , starting about 500 feet north of Kiernan Avenue , then west on Kiernan to the opposite side of Highway 99 , ending at Elm Street and Broadway Avenue.
• Construction is taking place at Shirley Court and Carpenter Road as part of a major sewer project on the west side of Modesto.
• H Street will have lane closures between 17th Street and 10th Street for a traffic signal upgrade.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.