Local

August 23, 2014

Modesto house ablaze for 3rd time

For the third time this month, Modesto firefighters put out a blaze Saturday at a vacant south Modesto home that’s in the process of being foreclosed. There also had been a fire there Friday, Modesto Fire Battalion Chief Hugo Patino said.

For the third time this month, Modesto firefighters put out a blaze Saturday at a vacant south Modesto home that’s in the process of being foreclosed. There also had been a fire there Friday, Modesto Fire Battalion Chief Hugo Patino said.

Fire crews from Modesto and Ceres were called again to 1317 Main St. at 10:53 a.m. Saturday, and it took them a couple of hours to extinguish everything. The two-bedroom home, built in 1950, suffered $20,000 in damage, Patino estimated.

Even before the fires, county records show the property’s assessed value was only $46,500.

Related content

Comments

Videos

Editor's Choice Videos