Stanislaus County civil grand jurors named
07/02/2014 4:00 PM
07/02/2014 6:36 PM
Stanislaus County court officials this week released the names of 19 residents who were selected to serve on the 2014-15 civil grand jury.
The jury serves as a watchdog panel by investigating complaints against local governments, such as school districts and cities.
Four other residents will serve as alternates, asked to serve if a juror resigns or is removed from the panel. Judy Navarro will serve as the grand jury forewoman.
The names of the grand jurors and alternates were randomly drawn from a pool of 30 prospective grand jurors who attended a selection event Monday. Five of the grand jurors served on the previous panel.
Civil grand jury members serve for one fiscal year; the next one ends June 30, 2015. The jurors are required to attend a two-day training session later this month sponsored by the California Grand Jury Association, a not-for-profit educational organization.
The jurors are:• Roberta G. Anderson, Patterson
• Brian R. Bigelow, Modesto
• David Duarte, Modesto
• Carlos G. Fierros, Patterson
• Jason Flores,* Modesto
• Chau-Marie A. Griffiths, Modesto
• Linda J. Harris, Modesto
• Susan Hickerson,* Modesto
• Kathleen E. Jenner, Modesto
• Gary L. Jones, Turlock
• Marsha J. Memmott, Turlock
• Peter J. Milinazzo Jr.,* Modesto
• Judy Navarro,* Modesto (forewoman)
• Raymond O. Newman, Modesto
• Edward R. Parcaut, Modesto
• Robert J. Philbrook, Modesto
• Dalbir S. Plaha,* Denair
• Robert E. Smith, Modesto
• Matthew J. Speckman, Modesto
* Indicates those who served in previous grand jury panel
The alternate jurors are:• Akpene K. Ranson, Modesto
• Roger H. Jackson, Turlock
• Valerie J. Swiderski, Patterson
• Judy R. Lindstrom, Modesto
• Anthony R. Delgado, Modesto
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.