Stanislaus County court officials this week released the names of 19 residents who were selected to serve on the 2014-15 civil grand jury.
The jury serves as a watchdog panel by investigating complaints against local governments, such as school districts and cities.
Four other residents will serve as alternates, asked to serve if a juror resigns or is removed from the panel. Judy Navarro will serve as the grand jury forewoman.
The names of the grand jurors and alternates were randomly drawn from a pool of 30 prospective grand jurors who attended a selection event Monday. Five of the grand jurors served on the previous panel.
Civil grand jury members serve for one fiscal year; the next one ends June 30, 2015. The jurors are required to attend a two-day training session later this month sponsored by the California Grand Jury Association, a not-for-profit educational organization.
The jurors are:• Roberta G. Anderson, Patterson
• Brian R. Bigelow, Modesto
• David Duarte, Modesto
• Carlos G. Fierros, Patterson
• Jason Flores,* Modesto
• Chau-Marie A. Griffiths, Modesto
• Linda J. Harris, Modesto
• Susan Hickerson,* Modesto
• Kathleen E. Jenner, Modesto
• Gary L. Jones, Turlock
• Marsha J. Memmott, Turlock
• Peter J. Milinazzo Jr.,* Modesto
• Judy Navarro,* Modesto (forewoman)
• Raymond O. Newman, Modesto
• Edward R. Parcaut, Modesto
• Robert J. Philbrook, Modesto
• Dalbir S. Plaha,* Denair
• Robert E. Smith, Modesto
• Matthew J. Speckman, Modesto
* Indicates those who served in previous grand jury panel
The alternate jurors are:• Akpene K. Ranson, Modesto
• Roger H. Jackson, Turlock
• Valerie J. Swiderski, Patterson
• Judy R. Lindstrom, Modesto
• Anthony R. Delgado, Modesto