05/18/2014 7:35 PM
05/18/2014 7:36 PM
ROAD WORK• The replacement of the Pelandale Avenue interchange on Highway 99 will require nighttime closure of a southbound lane at various times Monday and Tuesday.
• Fiber-optic cable placement will affect traffic on 10th Street from J Street to H Street, M Street from Needham Street to 11th Street, Coffee Road from Orangeburg Avenue to Celeste Drive, and on the Briggsmore Avenue-Carpenter Road freeway overcrossing from the Orangeburg-Sisk Road intersection to Blue Gum Avenue.
• Expansion of the Virginia Corridor trail means permanent closure of the former railbed between Bowen and Woodrow avenues to motor vehicles. The contractor has closed the sidewalk on the north side of Rumble Road. Sidewalk-closed signs are in place at the College Avenue crosswalk and Yukon Drive for pedestrians.
• Oakdale Road from Briggsmore to Floyd avenues will have alternating lane closures for pavement work.• Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction for intersection improvements at Roselle and Merle avenues.
• Traffic lanes will be reduced on Carpenter Road from Blue Gum Avenue to Ninth Street starting Thursday for median improvements.
• Morris Avenue will be closed from McHenry Avenue to Magnolia Avenue because of resurfacing of Lottie Avenue.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.