Modesto man sentenced for molesting boys

10/10/2012 9:37 AM

10/10/2012 5:25 PM

As his trial got under way, a Modesto man suddenly pleaded “no contest” to two counts of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child.

Brian Love, now 47, molested two young boys while bathing them Oct. 28, 2010.

Just before prosecutors opened their case in July, Love changed his plea, according to a press release from Stanislaus County District Attorney Birgit Fladager’s office. Last month, Judge John Freeland sentenced Love to five years in state prison.

The victims’ father spoke at the sentencing hearing, according to the news release. “This incident completely devastated our family and has shaken all of us to the core,” he said. “If Brian would have done the right thing in the beginning and took responsibility for his actions by pleading at an early stage, I may have a different feeling; however, he put our family through hell.”

The father also told the court his wife and family have a peaceful, non-violent home and the actions of Brian Love had stirred emotions in him and that he has fought back the urge to handle it himself.

Modesto Events

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service