Oakdale girl, 3, burned by boiling water

04/24/2012 5:21 PM

04/24/2012 7:12 PM

A 3-year-old Oakdale girl, badly burned by boiling water, was flown to the University of California Davis Medical Center on Tuesday morning.

A pot being used to boil eggs tipped over on the child, causing second-degree burns to her chest, abdomen, back and arm.

Oakdale Fire Department personnel responded to the 9:15 a.m. accident on River Oaks Drive, and they called in a medical helicopter to fly the child to the hospital’s burn unit.

Fire officials said the girl’s injuries were serious but not life threatening.

Modesto Events

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service