What’s your ‘Graffiti’ IQ?
05/29/2014 12:00 AM
10/24/2014 11:52 AM
1. Where were you in ’62?
2. Who is the Modesto native who made “American Graffiti”?
3. Who were the four main characters?
4. Who played the four main characters?
5. Where was “American Graffiti” filmed?
6. How long did it take to film the movie?
7. What is the airline that carries Curt away?
8. What was the name of the car club depicted in the movie?
9. Who was the gravelly voiced radio DJ?
10. How many Academy Award nominations did “American Graffiti” receive?
11. At the end of the movie, the screen credits relate what happened to each of the characters. What was the fate of Steve Bolander?
12. Which actor refused to cut his hair for the film, believing that he would never work again until his hair grew out.
13. What did that actor suggest as an alternative?
14. Who said, “They put so much of that stuff (hair grease) in my hair, a fly just slid right off.”
15. And whom did George Lucas end up giving lessons to on how to comb his greaser-geek hairstyle?
– Compiled from Bee archives
Join the Discussion
The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.