Gallo stays at top of list
02/13/2014 6:55 PM
02/13/2014 10:38 PM
E.&J. Gallo Winery of Modesto held on to the No. 1 spot in an industry ranking based on U.S. sales volume.
Wine Business Monthly, which puts out the annual report, listed three other Northern San Joaquin Valley producers among the leaders in 2013. The top 10:
1. Gallo, with an estimated volume of 80 million cases. The company does not disclose this data.
2. The Wine Group, whose holdings include the former Franzia Winery near Ripon, 57.5 million.
3. Constellation Brands, which is based in New York state but is a major California producer, 50 million.
4. Bronco Wine Co., south of Ceres, 20 million.
5. Trinchero Family Estates, based in Napa Valley, 18.5 million.
6. Treasury Wine Estates, based in Australia but with some brands from California, 15.4 million.
7. Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, Washington state, 7.5 million.
8. DFV Wines, formerly Delicato, near Manteca, 7 million.
9. Jackson Family Wines, Sonoma and other regions, 5.5 million.
10. Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines, Napa and other regions, 3.8 million.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.