E.&J. Gallo Winery of Modesto held on to the No. 1 spot in an industry ranking based on U.S. sales volume.
Wine Business Monthly, which puts out the annual report, listed three other Northern San Joaquin Valley producers among the leaders in 2013. The top 10:
1. Gallo, with an estimated volume of 80 million cases. The company does not disclose this data.
2. The Wine Group, whose holdings include the former Franzia Winery near Ripon, 57.5 million.
3. Constellation Brands, which is based in New York state but is a major California producer, 50 million.
4. Bronco Wine Co., south of Ceres, 20 million.
5. Trinchero Family Estates, based in Napa Valley, 18.5 million.
6. Treasury Wine Estates, based in Australia but with some brands from California, 15.4 million.
7. Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, Washington state, 7.5 million.
8. DFV Wines, formerly Delicato, near Manteca, 7 million.
9. Jackson Family Wines, Sonoma and other regions, 5.5 million.
10. Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines, Napa and other regions, 3.8 million.