Nearly two months ago, The Bee asked the community to nominate rising stars under the age of 40 who are making an impact.
Today, we’re thrilled to announce the first class of the “20 under 40” program, which garnered more than 70 nominations reflecting the area’s depth of developing young talent.
As you can see, the winners form a diverse and impressive group of people who are an asset to our region and are helping chart its future.
We wanted to share the full list today and to invite community members to attend a special event at 6 p.m. Aug. 24 at the Gallo Center for the Arts, where we’ll introduce the first class to the community. Tickets are $25 and are available through the Gallo Center box office.
Never miss a local story.
Profiles and photos of the winners – written in their own words – will appear in a special section inserted into the print edition of The Bee on Aug. 21.
The judges were Dan Costa, CEO, Innov8 Partners LLC; David Darmstandler, CEO and co-founder, Datapath; Ron Foster, Foster Farms; Stephanie Gallo, vice president of marketing, E.&J. Gallo Winery; Jeff Grover, president and owner, Solecon Industrial Contractors; Marian Kaanon, president and CEO, Stanislaus Community Foundation, and Yamilet Valladolid, Modesto site supervisor, El Concilio.
The Bee’s 2016 ‘20 under 40’ class
- William Broderick-Villa, 36, attorney, Curtis Legal Group
- Domenica Escatel, 36, owner, LifeBoss
- Michael Frantz, 39, president, Frantz Wholesale Nursery
- Mike Gorrasi, 38, VP of HWS Baseball, Modesto Nuts
- Elizabeth Greenlee-Wight, 33, CEO/executive director, Inter-Faith Ministries
- Mani Grewal, 37, City Council member and owner, Grewal Farms & Investments
- Ian Grimbleby, 33, partner, Grimbleby Coleman CPAs
- Amanda Hughes, 36, program director, Stanislaus Community Foundation
- Chad Kennedy, 38, landscape architect, O’Dell Engineering
- Barrett Lipomi, 35, architect, Pires, Lipomi & Navarro Architects
- Homero Mejia, 36, executive director, Congregations Building Community
- Scott Monday, 35, CEO, kitchenCRATE & bathCRATE
- Jamie Norwood, 36, president, Amalia’s Cocina Inc.
- Janet Nunez- Pineda, 34, program manager, Stanislaus County Behavioral Health & Recovery Services
- Suzy Powell-Roos, 39, strength and conditioning specialist, Sports Performance Consultants
- Reggie Rucker, 33, owner, Engaged by Reggie
- Aaron Struck, 36, owner/agent, Struck Insurance Services
- Ryan Swehla, 37, principal, NAI Benchmark Commercial Real Estate
- Alonzo Trejo, 34, area manager, Self Help Federal Credit Union
- Kate Trompetter, 36, director of development and communications, Center for Human Services