Four families were displaced after a fire broke out Wednesday at a two-story apartment complex at 275 E. Minnesota Ave. in Turlock.
No injuries were reported. Firefighters determined the cause of the blaze was faulty electrical wiring in a bedroom closet of a downstairs unit. Firefighters responded to the site at 11:54 a.m. and saw heavy flames coming from a downstairs window. The fire spread rapidly to an upstairs apartment, according to a press release.
As a chief officer evacuated adjacent units, crews stretched hose lines and extinguished the blaze. The fire was contained by 12:15 p.m. Two apartments units sustained fire damage. Electricity was turned off on two additional units because of the fire, Fire Chief Robert Talloni said.
Off the four families who were displaced, one family was assisted with living accommodations by relatives. Talloni said the remaining three displaced families will be housed in units inside the complex.
Four chief officers, four engine companies from Turlock Fire Department responded to the incident. Turlock Rural Fire Department and Ceres Fire Department provided city coverage during the incident, according to the release.