03/19/2014 12:00 AM
03/18/2014 1:31 PM
Kiwanis award 15 $1,000 scholarships to students
The North Modesto Kiwanis Club has awarded $1,000 scholarships to 15 college-bound high school seniors from seven Modesto high schools.
The 100-member service club, the largest in Modesto, sponsors annual fundraisers including the Modesto American Graffiti Car Show and Festival, Chicken-a-Go-Go Barbeque, the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Golf Tournament and Breakfast with Santa.
This year’s recipients, high school and their college choices are:• Kyle Addis, Downey, Modesto Junior College
• Elizabeth Berry, Beyer, California State University, Fresno
• Lacey Campbell, Enochs, University of California, Davis
• Shannon Carter, Modesto, CSU Stanislaus
• Susan Cooke, Davis, CSU Stanislaus
• Carly Duncan, Downey, Stanford University
• Rosemary Garcia, Beyer, UC Santa Cruz
• Robbie Harmelink, Gregori, William Jessup University
• Ian Hay, Enochs, UC Davis
• Taylor Lodi, Enochs, University of the Pacific
• Chantico Martinez, Johansen, UCLA
• Mackenzie Oaks, Davis, CSU Stanislaus
• Brennan Pope, Davis, CSU Stanislaus
• Kailani Ridenour, Gregori, Stanford University
• Angelique Salinas, Enochs, University of San Francisco
The class of 2014 recipients were selected by the North Modesto Kiwanis Scholarship Committee after the club’s annual search.
Join the Discussion
The Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.