It’s a new year, with new beginnings and, as always, New Year’s resolutions. 2014 is your year! Here are 10 ways to make your dream goals become a reality.
1. Make realistic goals. Don’t set goals that you know you won’t reach. It will only make you give up and feel discouraged. Set up something reasonable and aim to actually achieve it.
2. Set up small checkpoints to lead to your goals. Write down your resolutions and make weekly or monthly checkpoints to measure progress. You won’t just suddenly achieve everything; it takes time to successfully change.
3. Don’t do everything all at once. You may be able to keep everything up for a short period, but it won’t last in the long run. Be realistic and make changes one at a time.
Never miss a local story.
4. No excuses. Don’t make up excuses to pardon yourself for slacking off. You are doing this for you, so don’t cheat yourself.
5. Get a friend to accompany you. Everything is so much easier with a friend tagging along. Help each other to stay on track and motivated.
6. Think positively. If you keep thinking negatively about your goals, your performance will be poor as well.
7. Reward yourself. It’s OK to treat yourself every once in a while for your accomplishments. And it just might be your incentive to improve even more.
8. Do it for yourself. Make goals that you personally want to achieve, not what someone else wants you to do. You will be much more motivated and satisfied in the end.
9. Add on to your goals, and make changes as needed. If you feel like you need to change something to improve, do so.
10. Review. Look back on what you have done and reflect on what you did well and what you need to improve for next year.
Good luck on achieving your resolutions!