Name: (Full, legal name) Fredric R. McGinnis
Name you prefer for publication: Ric McGinnis
Office sought: Councilmember, City of Riverbank
Political party: Non-Partisan Office
Place of employment and job title (If retired, position at retirement): Graphic Designer/Photographer (self-employed: Images of Distinction)
Campaign Web site (if applicable): www.mcginnishome.com/Campaign/2008.html (coming soon)
If married, please list date, place and spouse’s name: December 31, 1991; Reno, Carson County, NV. — Diana D. McGinnis
If you have children, please list their names and ages: Amy Rodrigues (30) — Kevin McGinnis (27)
Schools attended, degrees attained: Oroville High School, Oroville (CA) Union School District; Yuba Junior College (Marysville CA) [1-1/2 years] Music Major; U.S. Navy Communications “A” School, San Diego, CA — certified; San Francisco State University [2-1/2 years] Music Major / Broadcasting Major; Chico State University [2+ years] Marketing Major / Communications major; Butte Community College (classes); Modesto Junior College (classes)
Have you served in the military? If so, please list rank and bases where you served: 3 years, 9 months, 10 days active duty with U.S. Navy: — NTC San Diego | NSSC San Diego | NavCommSta Yokosuka, Japan | USS White Plains (Alameda CA; Subic Bay, Philippines) 12+ years duty with U.S. Navy Reserve: — NAS Alameda (CA) | NAS Moffitt Field (Mountain View CA) Separated at the rank of RM2 (Radioman Second Class) Pay grade E-5 | Received Commanding Officer’s Letter of Commendation while drilling at Moffitt Field.
Have you ever declared bankruptcy? If so, please include dates. No
Have you held any past elected public offices? (include dates) Appointed to fill the remainder of Councilmember Bill O’Brien’s term after he was elected Mayor (2001) and was elected to a four-year term in 2002. Served as Vice Mayor for one year. I was not reelected in 2006.
Have you held any past appointed public offices? (include dates) City Council 2001 – 2002 (See above)
- Currently appointed to Downtown Improvement Committee (vice chair);
- Del Rio Theater Committee.
Please list any professional, social, labor or fraternal groups of which you are a member:
- Co-Founder, Rio Arts — Performing and Visual Arts group (presently serving as Managing
- Vice Chair, Riverbank Business Association; Member, Friends of Jacob Myers Park;
- Member, Riverbank Historical Society.
Please list your top three priorities if you are elected to the office you’re seeking. You may use up to 50 words per priority. Longer items will be edited to meet the word limit:
- We need to maintain the progress made so far in “Reinventing” downtown Riverbank by continuing excellent planning and management of our growth.
- We need to complete the General Plan update that was begun over four years ago, to give vision to our plans for the next 20+ years in Riverbank.
- We should remain focused on the promise which awaits when the city takes over the Army Ammo Plant, retaining the current tenants, who wish to stay — and expand, and encourage new businesses to come to the Riverbank Business Park, adding their many jobs for Riverbank residents.
What sets you apart from the other candidates? In addition to the five years I have already served on the Riverbank City Council, I have had an opportunity to observe other the operations of councils and boards up and down Northern California in my role as a Journalist in various jurisdictions over the past 25 years. I have seen first hand other examples of good and bad governance and have learned from these experiences. No endorsements have been requested nor accepted.