"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" hits theaters Thursday. How much do you know about producer and Modesto native George Lucas, Indiana Jones and the previous three movies?
1. Who was originally cast as Indiana Jones but had to drop out because of a scheduling conflict?
A. Tom Selleck
B. Nick Nolte
Never miss a local story.
C. Danny DeVito
D. Tim Matheson
2. Who actually owned a dog named "Indiana," just like the character did, when he was a child?
A. Steven Spielberg
B. Harrison Ford
C. George Lucas
D. Sean Connery
3. Indy says, "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage," in what film?
A. "Raiders of the Lost Ark"
B. "Temple of Doom"
C. "Last Crusade"
D. Indy didn't say that.
4. What is the name of the club in the opening sequence of "Temple of Doom"?
A. The Force
B. Club Obi Wan
C. Star Club
D. The Han Club
5. True or false: The first three films are sequential and follow a proper time line.
1: A. Selleck dropped out to film "Magnum, P.I."
2: C. The character's name is also a reference to Steve McQueen's "Nevada Smith."
3: A. It's Indy's response to Marion (Karen Allen), when she says, "You're not the man I knew 10 years ago."
4: B. The club's name is a direct reference to the Lucas megafilm "Star Wars," which also starred Ford as Han Solo.
5: B. The series' second film, "Temple of Doom," actually takes place before the other films (1935), with "Raiders of the Lost Ark" takes place in 1936, and "Last Crusade" in 1938.