Electrical fire breaks out at Turlock bar

June 9, 2014 

An electrical fire at a Turlock bar over the weekend caused $60,000 in damage, authorities said.

Firefighters were called to El Jaliciense Bar, 142 S. First St., at 3:54 p.m. Saturday, according to a Turlock City Fire news release.

Arriving firefighters found heavy smoke throughout the business. Crews searched the building and found it unoccupied. The bar was not open at the time.

Firefighters controlled the blaze within 15 minutes; they stayed on scene for two hours. The business suffered fire damage to a small area and heavy smoke damage throughout the building.

Modesto Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service