Area students selected for the All-Northern California High School Honor Band will head to Stockton on Friday. The teens will be together for three days of rehearsal and a performance Sunday at San Joaquin Delta College.
Tuning up for the event are:
• Blake Vella on baritone saxophone, Gregori High
• Richard Gonzalez on trumpet, Johansen High
• Roman Romero Sinisi on tuba, Manteca High
• Abel Vasquez on trombone, Manteca High
• Frank Deng on alto saxophone, Modesto High
• Martin Arellano on clarinet, Oakdale High
• Edwin Savelson on French horn, Pitman High, Turlock
• Elizabeth Chen on clarinet, Tracy High
• Melvin Uytingco on French horn, Turlock Christian High
• Martin Acosta on clarinet, Turlock High
• Rachel Hawkes on oboe, Turlock High
Students were chosen through auditions for seats. Robert Halseth of California State University, Sacramento, will be conducting.
The concert will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday in Warren Atherton Auditorium, San Joaquin Delta College, 5151 Pacific Ave., Stockton. Admission is free.