Gilton Solid Waste Management will be doing curbside collection of Christmas trees in Riverbank on Jan. 6-17. Here are the guidelines:
• Trees will be collected on garbage-collection day only.
• Trees must be placed by the front curb on the street surface. This includes customers with alley garbage service.
• Trees must be placed a minimum of 6 feet away from vehicles or refuse cans.
• All metal stands, lights and ornaments must be removed, but wood stands are OK.
• Flocked or painted trees should be cut up and put in the black garbage can.
• Trees can be cut up and put in the green waste container (gray can), making sure the lid closes.