Riverbank Police Services has been awarded a $38,000 grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety for a yearlong program aimed at preventing deaths and injuries on roadways through special enforcement and public awareness efforts. Activities the grant will fund include:
• Specialized DUI and drugged driving training
• DUI saturation patrols
• Motorcycle safety and distracted driving enforcement
• Seat belt and child safety seat enforcement
• Speed, red-light and stop-sign enforcement
• Warrant service operations targeting multiple DUI offenders
• Compilation of DUI hot sheets, identifying worst-of-the-worst DUI offenders, and stakeout operations to observe those repeat DUI offender probationers with suspended or revoked driver licenses.