ABOUT THE AGENCY
• Address: 220 S. Broadway, Turlock, CA 95380
• Phone number: (209) 668-4853
• Website: www.unitedsamaritans.org
• How we help those in need:
Mobile Lunch Program serves nine communities in Stanislaus County. Anyone who comes to the truck can get a lunch at no cost.
Emergency food box program provides three meals a day for three days for each member of the household, serving Hughson and Turlock residents.
Clothes Closet provides clothes to people in need.
Homeless Supportive Services provides showers, laundry facilities, mailing address and referrals.
• Individuals and/or families assisted per month
Our average for our Mobile Lunch Program is 32,000 lunches a month, 1,500 lunches a day.
We assist an average of 280 families (573 individuals) monthly with our emergency food box program.
An average of 300 individuals a month are assisted at our Clothes Closet.
An average of 60 individuals on a daily basis use our homeless supportive services.
Ninety-nine percent of the individuals who utilize the mobile lunch program income fall into the very low to extremely low income bracket. They are the working poor in our communities.
We have many seniors who utilize our emergency food box program. The majority of the clients utilizing our clothes closet are families.
• How a $10 donation helps:
52 boxes of cereal for our emergency food box program
Five lunches for our mobile lunch program
52 pounds of spaghetti for our mobile lunch program
• $25 donation:
131 pounds of rice for our lunch program
Provides a family of six with an emergency food box
131 cans of soup for our emergency food box
• $50 donation:
280 cans of corn or green beans for our emergency food box program
Provides three families of four an emergency food box
25 lunches for our mobile lunch program
• $100 donation:
50 lunches for our mobile lunch program
Three cases of peanut butter
Five cases of jelly
• Volunteer update: We have opportunities in the kitchen helping to prepare lunches, assisting with the preparation and distribution of our emergency food boxes, in the clothes closet helping clients or sorting the donated items, in the warehouse sorting donated food items, and in the office with folding and stuffing our newsletter and other clerical tasks. Our contact person is our volunteer coordinator, Esther Mann, (209) 668-4853.
• One last thing: Our Daily Bread Lunch Program is unique because it delivers nutritious meals directly into the neighborhoods where low-income families and individuals reside. Our programs ensure that persons living in these neighborhoods have access to at least one nutritious meal a day, five days a week. We also distribute information regarding other supportive services such as local food box programs, holiday food box programs, the Cal Fresh Program and other services that assist those who are at risk.